In this article, we will discuss how to change the home page set up for most used web browsers. Also, we have discussed the methods of setting home page in your Android mobile phone, Content://com.android.browser.home/.
1) Browser Home Page On Mobile Phones – Content://com.android.browser.home/
Do you have any Android mobile phone? If you have, then someday, you must be required to change the default home page of a browser. That’s why you need to know about it’s changing procedure.
Table of Contents
How to Set the Home page in android on Google Chrome?
If you want to set the Chrome browser home page on your android device, then you have to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Go to the top-right corner and click the three-dot.
- Scroll to the settings option, and choose that.
- Choose the ‘Home page’ option.
- Click the ‘ON’ toggle button.
- Search Chrome://flags/ in the browser; ( it will start as an experiment page.)
- Search ‘Force Enable Home Page’
- Enable this page.
- Repeat Step1 and Step2 to check the home page option again.
- Click ‘Open This Page’
- Paste or type the URL
- save it.
Open Google Chrome again, and you will see the home page setting has been done successfully.
How to Set the Home page in android on Mozilla Firefox?
Follow these mentioned steps to set up your Mozilla Firefox browser on your android phone:
- On your Android device.
- Open the Mozilla browser.
- Go to the top right side and click the three-dot
- Open settings option.
- Click on Device settings.
- Choose the general option.
- Open the ‘Home page‘ option.
- Choose ‘Set a Homepage.’
- Select ‘Custom‘ and enter the URL.
- Click ‘OK‘ and close the Mozilla browser.
Open Mozilla Firefox again, and you will see the home page setting has been done successfully.
2) Browser Homepage Setup in PC & Laptop – Content://com.android.browser.home/
Mostly used web browser is Google Chrome. However, other web browsers are Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Microsoft Edge, Opera e.t.c. Almost all the browsers allow you to change the homepage setup to any of your favorite websites. Whenever you open that browser, the home page of it opens with that default website. Moreover, it also can act as a secondary bookmark.
How to Set-up Homepage in Mozilla Firefox?
- Open the browser.
- Go the top-right corner and click on three-dots.
- Scroll to ‘Option’ and click it.
- On the left menu bar, select ‘Home.’
- Go to the ‘Homepage and new windows’ setting.
- Click the dropdown and choose ‘Custom URLs.’
- Paste or type the website URL.
- Save it.
For setting multiple home pages in Firefox, you have to select one or multiple websites from the ‘Use Current Pages’
By using the ‘Use Bookmark’ option, you can set a website as a bookmark.
How to Setup Homepage in Microsoft Edge?
Here is a method of changing the home page in Microsoft Edge. The methods of setting the website that opens each time when you launch Edge are:
- On the Edge browser, go to the upper-right corner.
- Click the three-dots.
- Choose ‘Settings.’
- From the left menu bar, select ‘On startup‘
- Click on ‘Open a specific page or pages.’
- Select ‘Add a new page.
- Fill the blank text box with the website URL.
- Click the ‘Add‘ button.
Methods of Setting Homepage in Safari?
From the ‘General’ preference screen in Safari, you can change the home page in the Mac machine.
- Open Safari in your Mac.
- Then click ‘Preferences‘
- Go to the ‘General‘ tab.
- Enter the website URL in the ‘Homepage‘ text box.
- Choose the ‘Set to Current page‘ option.
How to Setting-up A Homepage in Google Chrome?
In Google Chrome, the homepage refers to two things. You can enable the home button of Chrome, and then a specific website is tied up with it, whenever you select that browser, that home page will open.
The other way to set up Chrome’s home page:
- Go to the ‘Settings‘ option
- Scroll to the ‘Appearance‘ section.
- Enable the ‘Show home button‘.
- Choose the Enter custom web address.
- Enter the URL of your home page.
- Then try it.
So choose your favorite browser, ( Content://com.android.browser.home/ ) download and install that from Play store. Moreover, if you wish to set the default home page in that browser, then follow the steps that we have described. After setting up the browser home page in your Android device, you can enjoy the browsing facility with your preferable homepage.
Thank you ! have a nice day!