Hello friends, today we are going to tell you how to clean a window air conditioner without removing it. What should we keep in mind while cleaning the air conditioner? What type of precautions should be taken? Let us know how to clean the window air conditioner.
Table of Contents
How to remove Filter and Clean?
Before cleaning your air conditioner, turn off the power supply from the breaker.
First of all, clean your window air conditioner grill with the help of a cloth or tissue paper. Then open the grill and remove the filter. The filter must be cleaned once within 15 to 20 days. If your window air conditioner is installed in the kitchen, then its filter must be cleaned once a week.
If you don’t do this, then the cooling of your air conditioner will be down. Airflow will also decrease. It may cause an increase in your electricity bill.
You can use an air dryer or water to clean the filter. If the filter is dirtier, you can also use a brush to clean it. Remove the dust from the filter using the brush, then wash it with water.
Clean Your Air Conditioner Condenser
If possible, wash the condenser side of the window air conditioner with clean water. Clean the condenser thoroughly with a pressure pipe. If it is not possible to wash the air conditioner condenser with water, then clean the dust using an air dryer.
Cares of Air Conditioner During Cleaning
- When you going to clean your air conditioner, make sure your AC electric power switch is closed.
- During the period of removing the front panel of the air conditioner, be careful that it doesn’t break any corners or locks.
- During washing the filter doesn’t use any type of chemical.
- When you are washing AC Condenser, make sure another part will not be wet with water.
- After cleaning your window air conditioner, do not use it before 2-3 hours. (If possible, not mandatory)