Hisense Air Conditioner Troubleshooting Steps
The measures you can take to fix the E5 issue and empty the water tank on your Hisense air conditioner are as follows:
- Unplug the air conditioner from the power and turn it off.
- Find the water tank on the side or rear of the appliance. In accordance with the model, It can be a tank that can be taken out or a drain plug at the base of the appliance.
- If the tank is removable, carefully remove it and set it down on a flat surface.
- Remove the drain plug from the tank if it has one, and set a basin or container underneath to collect the water.
- Permit the water to completely drain. Depending on how much water was gathered, this could take a while.
- Reinstall the tank or change the drain cap after the tank has been emptied.
- Reconnect the power to the air conditioner and turn it on.
The E5 error should disappear, and the device should start functioning normally again.
After emptying the water tank, if the Hisense Air Conditioner E5 error still occurs, it can be a sign of a distinct problem that has to be identified and fixed by a professional. In this situation, getting help from a certified technician or the manufacturer is advised. In order to avoid future issues, it’s also advised to periodically clean and maintain your air conditioner. A few examples include monitoring the water tank’s level and cleaning the air filter to ensure adequate airflow.