Whenever the drain system of the air conditioner has a problem, E9 Error will appear. The E9 error code Gree inverter AC means Full Water Protection. The simple meaning is that if the E9 error will appear on your remote controller, it means the water tray of the indoor unit is full.
If a cut-off of the water level switch is detected for 8s successively once energized, the system will enter full water protection. In this case, switch off the unit and then switch it on to eliminate this malfunction.
Table of Contents
Gree AC E9 Error Codes Causes
- Sometimes the drainage system gets blocked. This is the common reason for the E9 error in the Gree inverter air conditioner.
- The water protection switch is faulty.
- The water pump is faulty.
- The indoor unit’s main PCB board is faulty.
E9 Error Code Gree AC Troubleshooting
- Check the pipeline of the drain system. Clean the drain pipe & drain tray of the unit.
- Double-check if the connector of the water pump is connected well.
- Change the full water protection switch.
- Check the water pump, and change it if it is not working.
- You need to check your indoor main board for short-circuit or open-circuit conditions.
- Change the indoor Main PCB Board.
See the Flow Chart-
Watch the Video-
I hope the answer is helpful.
To know more about air conditioners and troubleshooting, you can visit our homepage. We are trying our best to provide you with all the information related to the ac and their common faults.