i have Panasonic AC 1.5 ton 5 star in April it was consuming just 3 units maximum when use for 8 hours . But now in May it suddenly started consuming 8-11 units…. Even now I use it for 8 hours and between 24-28 degree as earlier . Registered complaint and technician visited 4 times and every time said AC is fine and it’s normal to consume 8 -11 units ?. I am in depression due to Panasonic!!!
So there is no issue with your air conditioner if technicians are already diagnosed. But they didn’t guide you well…
- So now first you have to understand that April didn’t have the same temperature as of now.
- The compressor runs according to the heat surrounding the room. For example: If in April you used ac 8 hours, but because of the weather your ac compressor didn’t rut as long as now.
- If before the compressor running 3_4 hours in your 8 hours duration, now the compressor will take 6_7 hours continuously. So automatically your air conditioner will increase to take more units.
How you can get some relief?
- Wash filter after every 2 weeks.
- Keep all the doors & windows closed while using the air conditioner.
- Do not use a ceiling fan (if have one) at the same time you use the air conditioner.
- Check if the area near your outdoor unit is enough to exhaust the heat properly.
- A minimum 1-meter distance is needed in front of the outdoor unit and minimum 1 foot from the backside of the unit.
- Check if the outer condenser coil, cooling coil, and air blower are dirty. Call a technician for an ac cleaning service.
- It will give a positive result if the top of the outer unit has a shade to save from direct.
That’s it. Comment below if have any related queries. Thanks